Doctor of Philosophy
The National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT), offers doctoral research programmes leading to the award of Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering and Science in the following departments:
(a) Department of Forge Technology
(b) Department of Foundry Technology
(c) Department of Manufacturing Engineering
(d) Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
(e) Department of Applied Science and Humanities
1. Research scholars will take courses recommended by the supervisor(s) and approved by REC as a mandatory requirement.
2. Full‐time research scholars with M. E. / M. Tech. degree shall take a minimum of three courses (9 credits) and those having any other qualification shall take minimum of three courses (12 credits).
3. Part‐time research scholars shall take a minimum of two courses (6 credits). In both cases (full time and part time), the research scholars must get at least ‘C’ grade in each course.
4. If the grade obtained by a research scholar in any subject is below ‘C’, he/she has to repeat that subject and clear it with a grade not lower than ‘C’.
5. In the event of failure to clear the prescribed course work in four semesters, the registration/admission of the research scholar will be cancelled.
6. Supervisor(s) may recommend more courses to be taken up the scholar, if needed.
7. The prescribed courses shall be postgraduate (M. Tech.) level courses of the Institute.
8. The grade and corresponding grade points will be as per the M. Tech. regulations of the Institute.
9. Special courses may be floated for research scholars after obtaining due approval from Academic Council.