Library and Documentation Center :|
NIFFT houses one of the best libraries in the technical field. This vast reservoir of books, journals and
periodicals is a source of constant value addition to the students and faculty members.
The 4-storey library's rich collection includes:
Campus Wide Networking Centre (CWNC)
- Over 50000 books, 6000 bound volumes and 300 current
- periodicals in the field of Manufacturing, Metallurgy and Materials, foundry, forge and allied areas.
- Up to date stock of standards both Indian and foreign, technical films, tapes, slides microfilms, microfiches etc.
- A large collection of CD-ROMs on various aspects of engineering.
- OPAC facilities to user through the software 'LIBSYS'.
- The institute has entered into reciprocal understanding with British Library.
he Institute is equipped with modern state of the art facilities for computation works, which is equipped with centralized Internet. It has number of terminals for use of students during their studies and project works. A large number of personal computers are also available apart from full-fledged graphics workstations.
CAD - CAM Lab
The CAD-CAM lab has 50 terminals. These are used for designing and simulation purposes. These systems have packages like CATIA, PRO -E, AUTOCAD, PROCAST, ANSYS, Deform, NASTRAN, HyperMesh etc. installed and are used by the students for their projects as wel l as for learning purposes. Moreover, various other software available are - C, C++, Visual C++, C++ Developer, Turbo PASCAL, FORTRAN 77, ORACLE 8i, NISA packages, Quest, Micro Station Modular, etc. In all, the institute has got 4 computer labs
which are used by the students for learning various software packages as well as for the practical and project works.
Rapid Prototyping Lab